Introduction: Aligning Your Heart and Mind With Jesus
Watch Video 1:
Have you or someone you know been struggling with suicidal thoughts?
Please know that You are not alone.
It's important to Say Something to an Adult you can trust. It could be a parent, family member, school counselor, the pastor at your church.
Professional Counseling can help you get to the bottom of why your feeling this way.
Ready To Take Your Power Back?
Let's Get Started!
1. Prepare for Battle by Affirming Your Faith. Set your Heart and Mind on Jesus.
Do you believe in Jesus Christ?
Romans 10:9 Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Invite the Holy Spirit to fill you up?
John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
Watch Video 2
2. A Quick Story & Some Reflection Time
You know the story of Adam & Eve and how the snake tricked Eve into eating the fruit? (Read Genesis 3 if you can't remember the story.)
When Adam and Eve agreed with the snake (Satan), eating the fruit, they gave Satan authority and power in their life. It changed the way they saw things. Remember they immediately felt shame.
3. Take Time To Reflect: It's a good idea to journal your responses.
1. Thinking back. Can you recall one of the first times you had suicidal thoughts? 2. What was going on in your life? Where were you? 3. What brought it to mind? 4. How did you react when that happened?
4. Take a few moments to pray.
Jesus, thank you for your constant love and protection. Help me have the courage to keep going, so that I can find freedom in a relationship with you. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.