Crappy Christmas is a Chicks Tradition!
Who doesn't need a good laugh? Especially during the Holidays. The presents may look pretty, but inside there are some seriously crappy gifts!
My favorite part is when the girls have to fake their excitement. We laugh and have a blast at our Christmas Party every year!!
Each year we eat a lot of snacks, sing songs, and open "Crappy Presents."
NEW: This year added a service project called "For the Girls Boxes." The Chicks members write encouraging notes, decorated boxes, and then stuffed them with little gifts, just for girls.
As usual, we had an absolute blast!
How To Do Your Own Crappy Christmas
1. Starting collecting gifts in November. Ask friends and family to donate small used items. It is a great way to get rid of the little junk around the house.
2. Gift Bags or Decorative Shirt Boxes are the fastest and easist way to package presents. Plastic Grocery Sacks with bows could also be used to make it look especially crappy.
WARNING: Be Sure to Warn Participants that they probably won't like their gifts. Especially if you are doing this with kids. Remind them that it is for fun.
3. Grab Bag Style for Gift Opening.
*Ask participants to sit in a circle. Hand Each Participant a gift. DO NOT OPEN IT YET!
*Read the Christmas Story Luke 2:1-20.
Everytime the word TO is read pass the packages to the right.
Everytime THE is read pass the package to the left.
* At the end of the story the person gets the package they are holding, but they have to wait until they are called to open it in front of everyone.
FAKE REACTION Ask participants to act like the gift is the best present they have ever gotten. The crappier the gift the more they should act like they like it.
4. Positive Twist: After opening you may want to give them candy or a small gift that they actually like to keep the event positive and fun!
LET US KNOW IF YOU TRY THIS! WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES!