Are You Tired of So Much Drama?
Drama: Something women and especially teenage girls thrive on, consisting of any number of situation that have an easy solution, which would bring a fairly good outcome, but these girls choose another bad way to deal with it, again consisting of backstabbing, blackmailing, gossiping, and betraying their friends.
For Example: "I want to break up with him but still love him!"
Quote from Andy Stanley Sermon: "How to Be Drama Free." Watch YouTube Video Below
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise. Ephesians 5:15
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Colossians 4:6
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. James 1:5
Bring It Into Play
1. What types of situations make you get dramatic?
2. Pick one of the listed scenarios.
a. Another girl is texting your boyfriend.
b. You practiced for months, then you didn't make the team.
c. You hear that a friend said something hurtful behind your back.
3. Think of a dramatic response. Go ahead and make it over the top.
4. Look at the PW2 Strategy. It is something you can do to stop the drama before it starts.
Use the same drama scenario as before. This time imagine using PW2. How would it make the situation different?
PW2 Drama Strategy
(Pray, Wise Action, Wait)
1. Pray and Ask God for Help (James 1:5) 2. Think About: What is the wise action? (Ephesians 5:15) 3. Wait Until You Can: Respond with a gracious & wise response (Colossians 4:6)
Action Step: The next time you feel your emotions rising use PW2 to stop the drama before it starts!
Hey God. I am amazed that you would even want to help me with my drama. I know that I need to work on keeping my emotions in control. I need you to help me learn how to do that. Thanks for always listening to me. Let's work on this together because drama is stressful. I love you. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Andy Stanley- How to Be Drama Free
Your Move App.- Download to get more Andy Stanley Messages